Every once in a while I have a moment when I wonder if I am — literally — the only person on earth doing what I’m doing at that moment.

Today I had one as I was pumping breast milk in the lactation room at work while reading an essay in The Objectivist Standard about how to judge art in accordance with the principles of Ayn Rand.

1. Heh. I’d totally hang at a happy hour with you.

2. Heh. I’d totally hang at a happy hour with you.

3. Heh. I’d totally hang at a happy hour with you.

4. Heh. I’d totally hang at a happy hour with you.

5. Heh. I’d totally hang at a happy hour with you.

6. Heh. I’d totally hang at a happy hour with you.

7. Heh. I’d totally hang at a happy hour with you.

8. And yes, I am aware that I just made myself sound like the person you would least like to meet for happy hour.
    After that line I would ABSOLUTELY like to meet you for happy hour!

9. And yes, I am aware that I just made myself sound like the person you would least like to meet for happy hour.
    After that line I would ABSOLUTELY like to meet you for happy hour!

10. And yes, I am aware that I just made myself sound like the person you would least like to meet for happy hour.
    After that line I would ABSOLUTELY like to meet you for happy hour!

11. And yes, I am aware that I just made myself sound like the person you would least like to meet for happy hour.
    After that line I would ABSOLUTELY like to meet you for happy hour!

12. And yes, I am aware that I just made myself sound like the person you would least like to meet for happy hour.
    After that line I would ABSOLUTELY like to meet you for happy hour!

13. And yes, I am aware that I just made myself sound like the person you would least like to meet for happy hour.
    After that line I would ABSOLUTELY like to meet you for happy hour!

14. And yes, I am aware that I just made myself sound like the person you would least like to meet for happy hour.
    After that line I would ABSOLUTELY like to meet you for happy hour!

15. “Lactation room” sounds like the name of a chamber in the Wonka factory.

16. “Lactation room” sounds like the name of a chamber in the Wonka factory.

17. “Lactation room” sounds like the name of a chamber in the Wonka factory.

18. “Lactation room” sounds like the name of a chamber in the Wonka factory.

19. “Lactation room” sounds like the name of a chamber in the Wonka factory.

20. “Lactation room” sounds like the name of a chamber in the Wonka factory.

21. “Lactation room” sounds like the name of a chamber in the Wonka factory.

22. or “The Chamber”, if it were still around.

23. I love when companies have lactation rooms. I had to pump in my office and hope the cleaning lady didn’t bust in on me.

24. I love when companies have lactation rooms. I had to pump in my office and hope the cleaning lady didn’t bust in on me.

• I appreciate daily that my company both supports us having a full life and has the resources to back that up. Although I will say I miss having my grungy old office in some ways. My glass walls are gorgeous, but I’d love to be able to keep working while I pump. But that’s just a bunch of spoiled complaining, really.

25. I love when companies have lactation rooms. I had to pump in my office and hope the cleaning lady didn’t bust in on me.

26. I love when companies have lactation rooms. I had to pump in my office and hope the cleaning lady didn’t bust in on me.

27. I love when companies have lactation rooms. I had to pump in my office and hope the cleaning lady didn’t bust in on me.

28. I love when companies have lactation rooms. I had to pump in my office and hope the cleaning lady didn’t bust in on me.

29. I love when companies have lactation rooms. I had to pump in my office and hope the cleaning lady didn’t bust in on me.

30. It does! I feel like it should involve caramel, but I can’t find a logical justification for that.

31. Thank you. If you are ever in NYC I will take you up on that.

32. I appreciate daily that my company both supports us having a full life and has the resources to back that up. Although I will say I miss having my grungy old office in some ways. My glass walls are gorgeous, but I’d love to be able to keep working while I pump. But that’s just a bunch of spoiled complaining, really.