Late to the Party

I may have mentioned that I like to pick up pop culture trends at least a good five years late. I like for the ways I waste my leisure time to be carefully vetted. This is how I come to find myself watching American Idol for the first time.

A few things are disturbing me:

— That I’d like to have sex with two of those guys. a) I think all these people are just north of fetus age. b) It’s American Idol! I’m not telling you who, but if you watch I’ll bet you can guess.
— That the group sing numbers seem choreographed with the intention of humiliating the contestants.

Other disturbing developments: I was told yesterday (in an affection way, if you can believe it) that I have college-girl hair. I can’t help it! It grows so freaking fast! I don’t know what to do.

Watch this space for an exciting announcement in the near future.

1. Well, if you read my LJ, you will know that Michael John’s performance of the Dolly Parton song this week gave me lady wood.
    And I agree about the choreography…plus I don’t think the singers are good dancers. I wouldn’t expect them to be. It’s a more mature group this year. Not so teeny-boppery, if I may create a word.

2. Well, if you read my LJ, you will know that Michael John’s performance of the Dolly Parton song this week gave me lady wood.

3. Well, if you read my LJ, you will know that Michael John’s performance of the Dolly Parton song this week gave me lady wood.

4. Well, if you read my LJ, you will know that Michael John’s performance of the Dolly Parton song this week gave me lady wood.

5. Well, if you read my LJ, you will know that Michael John’s performance of the Dolly Parton song this week gave me lady wood.

6. Well, if you read my LJ, you will know that Michael John’s performance of the Dolly Parton song this week gave me lady wood.

7. Well, if you read my LJ, you will know that Michael John’s performance of the Dolly Parton song this week gave me lady wood.

8. That’s okay. I only laugh at the f’drizzle joke because I know it’s funny, not because I actually get it. I’m hopelessly square and I do okay, sort of.

9. That’s okay. I only laugh at the f’drizzle joke because I know it’s funny, not because I actually get it. I’m hopelessly square and I do okay, sort of.

10. That’s okay. I only laugh at the f’drizzle joke because I know it’s funny, not because I actually get it. I’m hopelessly square and I do okay, sort of.

11. That’s okay. I only laugh at the f’drizzle joke because I know it’s funny, not because I actually get it. I’m hopelessly square and I do okay, sort of.

12. That’s okay. I only laugh at the f’drizzle joke because I know it’s funny, not because I actually get it. I’m hopelessly square and I do okay, sort of.

13. That’s okay. I only laugh at the f’drizzle joke because I know it’s funny, not because I actually get it. I’m hopelessly square and I do okay, sort of.

14. That’s okay. I only laugh at the f’drizzle joke because I know it’s funny, not because I actually get it. I’m hopelessly square and I do okay, sort of.

15. I hear you. I only picked up on American Idol last year, just in time for Sanjaya.
    There is no need to be disturbed, because actually it’s one of the least tacky reality shows out there – just a talent show, really. For real trash you have to watch Rock of Love.

16. I hear you. I only picked up on American Idol last year, just in time for Sanjaya.

17. I hear you. I only picked up on American Idol last year, just in time for Sanjaya.

18. I hear you. I only picked up on American Idol last year, just in time for Sanjaya.

19. I hear you. I only picked up on American Idol last year, just in time for Sanjaya.

20. I hear you. I only picked up on American Idol last year, just in time for Sanjaya.

21. I hear you. I only picked up on American Idol last year, just in time for Sanjaya.

22. Which two?

23. Which two?

24. Which two?

25. Which two?

26. Which two?

27. Which two?

28. Which two?

29. Geez, if this is the geezer year I can’t imagine years past.

30. You’re one up on me, I don’t even know what you’re talking about.

31. I’m terrified of that show. But my friend Lesley is fan enough for the both of us.

32. Oh man. I told myself I’d admit it if anyone asked outright.
    Michael Johns, which I think is obvious. And Jason Castro, which is totally humiliating for at least two reasons. Those being a) he is 10 and b) DREADLOCKS.

33. Well, it’s definitely not as funny as my Morris Day impersonation. Or my Eva Gabor one, for that matter.

34. Jason Castro has eerily pretty skin.

35. And twinkly eyes.
    And dreadlocks. GROSS!
    He really just won me over with “What a Day for a Daydream.”

36. He’s kind of goofily endearing, like very David Cassidy or something.

37. Why does Snoop Dogg carry an umbrella?
    Fo’drizzle.