Jeremy and Ashley are back home. Dad is back home. We’ve got our apartment all to ourselves again.

It sounds a little insincere since I’m so happy to be guest-free, but we really did enjoy having everyone here. Damon and Jeremy are very close, so they’re always happy when they’re together. And even when my dad is a pain in the ass I still love him. To his immense credit, he was really pleasant the whole time. He got snippy with a docent at the Natural History Museum for a few minutes, but otherwise was well behaved. And anyway, she got hers back by making him wait about 45 minutes before she got around to walking us past bathrooms. We had a funny conversation in the gift shop. He found a little onesie with an alligator on it that says, “Lunch Is On Me.” Dad said (Here’s where I buried the lede: We’ve decided to name our baby, whenever she does get here, Camille). Anyway, Dad said, “Do you think Camille would like this?” And I said, “I think there’s a good chance that Camille will be too big for that by the time she gets to us.” And he said, “Well *I* think Camille would like this.” So now it’s safely tucked away. I figure that I’ll cram her into it at least once, even if I have to cut the bottom and the arms off.

Not that any of that will happen any time soon. But we’re ready, now that we have that onesie.

I didn’t miss work while off for a week, but I feel pretty comfortable to be back. Near the end of the day today I finally got to the bottom of my inbox, which means I’ll have a sane final two days of this week. A great lesson that this job is teaching me is that lots of things are important, but nothing is really an emergency — no matter how how everyone else is acting.

I also got free cheese sandwich today in a meeting, so that was an extra bonus.

Here’s my new challenge, which will last until I get it right or the leftovers run out: I’m trying to find that knife edge where I’ve got a piece of cold pizza in the skillet when the crust has reach maximum crunch but before it burns and turns black. Tonight I was not successful, but we’ve got three pieces left.

1. I think that’s one of the loveliest names in the world. I know a little girl named Camille who is a complete delight. Only I guess Camille’s not so little anymore.
    For dinner tonight I had a sandwich of smashed avocado, spinach, arugula, and goat cheese on toasted sourdough. You are the only person I know who would genuinely find this interesting.

2. I think that’s one of the loveliest names in the world. I know a little girl named Camille who is a complete delight. Only I guess Camille’s not so little anymore.

• That sandwich sounds amazing, and you’re completely right about my interest. I love to know what interesting people eat.
      And thank you for liking my baby name. I say I don’t care if people like it, but I do.

3. I think that’s one of the loveliest names in the world. I know a little girl named Camille who is a complete delight. Only I guess Camille’s not so little anymore.

4. I think that’s one of the loveliest names in the world. I know a little girl named Camille who is a complete delight. Only I guess Camille’s not so little anymore.

5. Camille is a beautiful name!

6. Camille is a beautiful name!

7. Camille is a beautiful name!

8. Camille is a beautiful name!

9. Because of a baby-rank checking compulsion I can’t shake even though we’re out of the naming business, I can tell you that Camille was the 289th most popular name in 2005, down from 250th the year before.
    It is a very good name. When she arrives, I will stamp her “ElectricRocket Approved”. In an inconspicuous place, I assure you.

10. Because of a baby-rank checking compulsion I can’t shake even though we’re out of the naming business, I can tell you that Camille was the 289th most popular name in 2005, down from 250th the year before.

• I love it. Thank you for checking for her.
      I’m glad you like it. It’s my grandma’s name. Actually, we’ll cover both my grandmas by sometimes calling her Millie for short.
      If we can just get her home, you can stamp her anywhere you want!

• I love it. Thank you for checking for her.
      If we can just get her home, you can stamp her anywhere you want!

• I love it. Thank you for checking for her.
      If we can just get her home, you can stamp her anywhere you want!

11. Because of a baby-rank checking compulsion I can’t shake even though we’re out of the naming business, I can tell you that Camille was the 289th most popular name in 2005, down from 250th the year before.

12. Because of a baby-rank checking compulsion I can’t shake even though we’re out of the naming business, I can tell you that Camille was the 289th most popular name in 2005, down from 250th the year before.

13. That sandwich sounds amazing, and you’re completely right about my interest. I love to know what interesting people eat.

14. Thank you! πŸ™‚

15. I love it. Thank you for checking for her.
    If we can just get her home, you can stamp her anywhere you want!