Did you think I was off having the baby?

No, not a peep from him. Wednesday I worked like a maniac. Yesterday I moped. Today I’m back to working, but at a less frenetic pace than Wednesday. This is probably the way to go.

Thursday was a bad day. I’m chalking it up to a combination of re-setting my expectations of when I’ll have this baby and perhaps some hormonal stuff. Either way, I spent a very long day perched on the edge of the couch staring at, but not really watching, the TV. Damon came home to a weepy wife who was not shy about expressing, “I want to GO HOME. I don’t like it here!!!” Which is silly. But still felt completely true. I wanted to sit on my couch in my apartment and cook in my kitchen and put baby clothes in my nursery. He handled it very well by immediately offering to call in his understudy and stay home with me today, and then taking me out to the movies. The offer and the outing were enough to re-set me and I was able to send him off to work without too much worry.

I think maybe today I’ll go get a pedicure and have my toes painted a fun color.

1. List the “fun” colors for us. Do not dare to leave out “fuchsia.”

2. List the “fun” colors for us. Do not dare to leave out “fuchsia.”

• Fuschia is a good pick.
      I’ve been running around with silver toes lately, but I think I’m not crazy about that. As a matter of fact, I’m thinking I’ll pitch that bottle.
      I toyed with another non-standard selection like bright blue or green, but I think I’m going to pass on that.
      So now I’m thinking about a cherry red or a bright pink. I don’t think I want anything super dark (which is another common theme for me) and I definitely don’t want a pastel (not a common theme for me).

• Fuschia is a good pick.

• Fuschia is a good pick.

• Fuschia is a good pick.

• Fuschia is a good pick.

• Fuschia is a good pick.

3. List the “fun” colors for us. Do not dare to leave out “fuchsia.”

4. List the “fun” colors for us. Do not dare to leave out “fuchsia.”

5. List the “fun” colors for us. Do not dare to leave out “fuchsia.”

6. List the “fun” colors for us. Do not dare to leave out “fuchsia.”

7. List the “fun” colors for us. Do not dare to leave out “fuchsia.”

8. Damon’s a keeper. Yep.

9. Damon’s a keeper. Yep.

• So so true. He said to me later as we walked around the neighborhood, “You know, I think we should just know that with everything that’s been going on, and everything your body is going through, that you are going to have some hard days. And we’ll take care of them as they come, and it will be okay.”
      So glad I married that guy.

So glad I married that guy.

So glad I married that guy.

So glad I married that guy.

So glad I married that guy.

So glad I married that guy.

10. Damon’s a keeper. Yep.

11. Damon’s a keeper. Yep.

12. Damon’s a keeper. Yep.

13. Damon’s a keeper. Yep.

14. Damon’s a keeper. Yep.

15. Fuschia is a good pick.

16. Cherry red is never a bad choice.

17. So so true. He said to me later as we walked around the neighborhood, “You know, I think we should just know that with everything that’s been going on, and everything your body is going through, that you are going to have some hard days. And we’ll take care of them as they come, and it will be okay.”
    So glad I married that guy.

18. It’s a serious contender. When I was a manicurist I always tried to talk brides into cherry red toes.

19. What a good hubby you have.
    If you’re mopping, it ain’t long now.

20. What a good hubby you have.
    If you’re mopping, it ain’t long now.

21. What a good hubby you have.
    If you’re mopping, it ain’t long now.

22. What a good hubby you have.
    If you’re mopping, it ain’t long now.

23. What a good hubby you have.
    If you’re mopping, it ain’t long now.

24. What a good hubby you have.
    If you’re mopping, it ain’t long now.

25. What a good hubby you have.
    If you’re mopping, it ain’t long now.

26. OPI’s “Ruble for Your Thoughts” … a most awesome hue. Much better than it looks online. A sort of rosy winey coppery plum-ish… er… let me look at it in this other light. Testing it now for wedding toes. Thinking it will be perfect with wine suede Charles David slingbacks. Would probably be lovely in labor. 🙂

27. Good link, thanks! I never did make it for that pedicure, but I’m going to try again today.
    You should post some photos of your wedding prep. I’d love to see.