This temporary apartment comes with a cleaning lady. Heaven!

I grew up with a weekly cleaning lady, and I miss it terribly. Through almost all my elementary school days it was Carrie. Carrie was an older lady, and she didn’t have a driver’s license. I think she worked for just about every household in my family. So whoever had Carrie on Monday mornings would go get her. Then whoever had her on Monday afternoon would snag her from that house and bring her on over. Then after she’d get a ride home. I don’t remember which day we had Carrie, but I do remember that the only way to get to enjoy the fruits of Grandpa’s waffle maker was to be at their house on Tuesday morning. That was their Carrie slot and she was the only one who rated breaking out that special, needed-particular-cleaning appliance. So if you showed up at the same time you could ride her coattails to some delicious waffles. I was still a kid when she retired, but as I recall our collective family had put enough aside for her to give her a decent nest egg to live from. I’m sure it wasn’t anything extravagant, but then again it was probably better than most independent cleaning ladies did. I know my mom kept in touch with her daughter for a few years, and I believe Carrie passed away when I was in high school. That being a particularly egocentric time of life, I don’t remember the particulars. I’ll bet my mom does. I should ask her.

Anyway, it was so, so lovely to walk in today and find everything sparkly clean.

1. I never had a weekly cleaning lady until Jewell (who still calls us), and at the moment The Beau and I are doing our own housework. But you are right. It is so lovely to walk in and find everything sparkly clean. Heaven.

2. I never had a weekly cleaning lady until Jewell (who still calls us), and at the moment The Beau and I are doing our own housework. But you are right. It is so lovely to walk in and find everything sparkly clean. Heaven.

3. I never had a weekly cleaning lady until Jewell (who still calls us), and at the moment The Beau and I are doing our own housework. But you are right. It is so lovely to walk in and find everything sparkly clean. Heaven.

4. I never had a weekly cleaning lady until Jewell (who still calls us), and at the moment The Beau and I are doing our own housework. But you are right. It is so lovely to walk in and find everything sparkly clean. Heaven.

5. I never had a weekly cleaning lady until Jewell (who still calls us), and at the moment The Beau and I are doing our own housework. But you are right. It is so lovely to walk in and find everything sparkly clean. Heaven.

6. I never had a weekly cleaning lady until Jewell (who still calls us), and at the moment The Beau and I are doing our own housework. But you are right. It is so lovely to walk in and find everything sparkly clean. Heaven.

7. I never had a weekly cleaning lady until Jewell (who still calls us), and at the moment The Beau and I are doing our own housework. But you are right. It is so lovely to walk in and find everything sparkly clean. Heaven.

8. Did she fold your toilet paper into little points, like in a hotel? I love when they do that.
    I used to have a Polish cleaning lady who folded it into some sort of elaborate little flower – I almost hated to go to the bathroom after that. She also cleaned that corner between the tub and the wall and the floor so well that I could have licked it without even heaving. Then she started redecorating with my belongings more than cleaning.

9. Did she fold your toilet paper into little points, like in a hotel? I love when they do that.

• She did not point the toilet paper. But along those lines: Damon accidentally bought toilet paper with little puppies all over it. I DO NOT approve.

10. Did she fold your toilet paper into little points, like in a hotel? I love when they do that.

11. Did she fold your toilet paper into little points, like in a hotel? I love when they do that.

12. Did she fold your toilet paper into little points, like in a hotel? I love when they do that.

13. Did she fold your toilet paper into little points, like in a hotel? I love when they do that.

14. Did she fold your toilet paper into little points, like in a hotel? I love when they do that.

15. I love your story about Carrie. We had Katherine growing up. She came twice a week for cleaning and cooking of dinner that night. By the time my sister was around (who is 8 years younger than me) Katherine was quite old and spent most of her still twice a week visits letting my sister put make-up on her and do her hair. (She was a great sport.)
    And I understand it, once we moved away from my hometown to Memphis, my folks continued to pay her regularly until she passed away.

16. I love your story about Carrie. We had Katherine growing up. She came twice a week for cleaning and cooking of dinner that night. By the time my sister was around (who is 8 years younger than me) Katherine was quite old and spent most of her still twice a week visits letting my sister put make-up on her and do her hair. (She was a great sport.)

17. I love your story about Carrie. We had Katherine growing up. She came twice a week for cleaning and cooking of dinner that night. By the time my sister was around (who is 8 years younger than me) Katherine was quite old and spent most of her still twice a week visits letting my sister put make-up on her and do her hair. (She was a great sport.)

18. I love your story about Carrie. We had Katherine growing up. She came twice a week for cleaning and cooking of dinner that night. By the time my sister was around (who is 8 years younger than me) Katherine was quite old and spent most of her still twice a week visits letting my sister put make-up on her and do her hair. (She was a great sport.)

19. I love your story about Carrie. We had Katherine growing up. She came twice a week for cleaning and cooking of dinner that night. By the time my sister was around (who is 8 years younger than me) Katherine was quite old and spent most of her still twice a week visits letting my sister put make-up on her and do her hair. (She was a great sport.)

20. I love your story about Carrie. We had Katherine growing up. She came twice a week for cleaning and cooking of dinner that night. By the time my sister was around (who is 8 years younger than me) Katherine was quite old and spent most of her still twice a week visits letting my sister put make-up on her and do her hair. (She was a great sport.)

21. I love your story about Carrie. We had Katherine growing up. She came twice a week for cleaning and cooking of dinner that night. By the time my sister was around (who is 8 years younger than me) Katherine was quite old and spent most of her still twice a week visits letting my sister put make-up on her and do her hair. (She was a great sport.)

22. She did not point the toilet paper. But along those lines: Damon accidentally bought toilet paper with little puppies all over it. I DO NOT approve.

23. I would happily show up twice a week to get my hair and makeup done.