Thoughts?

I need a first birthday gift for a little girl. Her mama is not really a hippie, but is definitely environmentally aware and a fan of all things natural and safe. I have been browsing Hyena Cart (thanks !) and found some cute leg warmers for Alden but nothing for this little girl that wasn’t outside my budget of about $20.

Any suggestions?

1. Even for a little one, I-Spy bags are fun. The ones at All4Kids and Whiffy Bean Bags are my favorite.
    The molded crayons and the playsilks from Beneath the Rowan Tree are great.
    Everyone loves playfood (also here, here) — and not to self-promote too grandly, if you aren’t on a tight timeline, I can also make you a set of crochet playfood (my broccoli and cauliflower are particularly nice, I think)
    The mamas on Club Thread sell some of my favorite kids clothes. Some of the outfits are pricey, but some aren’t that much at all. This tunic top. is a 2T, but would probably work as a dress for a smaller child.
    In Their Hands usually stocks some pretty cute toys. It’s a bit bare right now, but I think they have a stocking coming up soon.
    Again, not sure what your time restraints are, but Moonchild Studios sells those adorable little Moondrop babies that Donovan loves so very much. Great for chubby little toddler hands.
    This dress is sweet and only $23.
    Have I overwhelmed you? Hit anywhere near close to the mark?

2. Even for a little one, I-Spy bags are fun. The ones at All4Kids and Whiffy Bean Bags are my favorite.
    The molded crayons and the playsilks from Beneath the Rowan Tree are great.
    This dress is sweet and only $23.
    Have I overwhelmed you? Hit anywhere near close to the mark?

3. Even for a little one, I-Spy bags are fun. The ones at All4Kids and Whiffy Bean Bags are my favorite.
    The molded crayons and the playsilks from Beneath the Rowan Tree are great.
    This dress is sweet and only $23.
    Have I overwhelmed you? Hit anywhere near close to the mark?

4. Even for a little one, I-Spy bags are fun. The ones at All4Kids and Whiffy Bean Bags are my favorite.
    The molded crayons and the playsilks from Beneath the Rowan Tree are great.
    This dress is sweet and only $23.
    Have I overwhelmed you? Hit anywhere near close to the mark?

5. Even for a little one, I-Spy bags are fun. The ones at All4Kids and Whiffy Bean Bags are my favorite.
    The molded crayons and the playsilks from Beneath the Rowan Tree are great.
    This dress is sweet and only $23.
    Have I overwhelmed you? Hit anywhere near close to the mark?

6. Even for a little one, I-Spy bags are fun. The ones at All4Kids and Whiffy Bean Bags are my favorite.
    The molded crayons and the playsilks from Beneath the Rowan Tree are great.
    This dress is sweet and only $23.
    Have I overwhelmed you? Hit anywhere near close to the mark?

7. Even for a little one, I-Spy bags are fun. The ones at All4Kids and Whiffy Bean Bags are my favorite.
    The molded crayons and the playsilks from Beneath the Rowan Tree are great.
    This dress is sweet and only $23.
    Have I overwhelmed you? Hit anywhere near close to the mark?

8. What’s your budget? I’m good at presents. Did you want something of the keepsake variety, or something for the child to use?

9. What’s your budget? I’m good at presents. Did you want something of the keepsake variety, or something for the child to use?

• I think year one is that weird time where the presents are still kind of for the parents, but maybe not. I do want use more than a keepsake. I’m hoping I can get onto ‘s calendar for some crochet veggies. If not, I’ll be looking to spend around $20/$25 and will be most grateful for any suggestions.

10. What’s your budget? I’m good at presents. Did you want something of the keepsake variety, or something for the child to use?

11. What’s your budget? I’m good at presents. Did you want something of the keepsake variety, or something for the child to use?

12. What’s your budget? I’m good at presents. Did you want something of the keepsake variety, or something for the child to use?

13. What’s your budget? I’m good at presents. Did you want something of the keepsake variety, or something for the child to use?

14. What’s your budget? I’m good at presents. Did you want something of the keepsake variety, or something for the child to use?

15. This’ll cost you nothing: Print up a couple of coupons for “One Night of Babysitting.”

16. This’ll cost you nothing: Print up a couple of coupons for “One Night of Babysitting.”

17. This’ll cost you nothing: Print up a couple of coupons for “One Night of Babysitting.”

18. This’ll cost you nothing: Print up a couple of coupons for “One Night of Babysitting.”

19. This’ll cost you nothing: Print up a couple of coupons for “One Night of Babysitting.”

20. This’ll cost you nothing: Print up a couple of coupons for “One Night of Babysitting.”

21. This’ll cost you nothing: Print up a couple of coupons for “One Night of Babysitting.”

22. You should be a personal shopper!
    Thank you so much for all the good suggestions. It’s an embarrassment of riches. Of course I would like nothing better than your own handiwork. When do you think you could do some veggies for us?

23. I think year one is that weird time where the presents are still kind of for the parents, but maybe not. I do want use more than a keepsake. I’m hoping I can get onto ‘s calendar for some crochet veggies. If not, I’ll be looking to spend around $20/$25 and will be most grateful for any suggestions.

24. I’m totally into that, but they’re still not leaving her with anyone but grandparents. Maybe for her second birthday.

25. I could do a custom order any time, just let me know what you’d like. I can do several different fruits and veggies, felted Wonder Bread with cheese/deli meat, and I have patterns for sushi, even!

26. I love it! Let’s do sushi. My budget is $20-$25. Would that be enough?

27. Yay! I’ll be so happy to give her something made by you. How shall I pay you?

28. Gold doubloons will suffice. 😉
    I accept paypal at morgan@larp.com. Will you want me to ship to you or to her?

29. Perfect! I just sent you $25 (in gold doubloons). I will have you ship to me. She lives about a block away, so I’ll wrap it up cute and hand deliver.

30. Okie dokey! I’m in the process of making three dolls, but crochet food is a pretty quick, easy project that I can use to break up the monotony of stuffing wool into tiny little doll bodies. 😉